Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cinema's Etiquette

All this while, I loathe certain cinema-goers for a few GOOD reason. Either they bring in kids too young to understand the movie, where they end up screaming; or the kids & ADULTS alike seems to love kicking the chairs in front of them. Or a few occasions, I saw some people goes to the point of watching movie 'til they have their feet on the chairs' armrest (seats in front of them), or on top of the seat itself. Mind you, those seats are not vacant!

And these happens in all the cinemas below, except those in those in the range of RM20 and above for the price of the tickets (3D not included).


It irks me everytime whenever I think about it. I paid the same amount as everyone else, often it could range from RM8 - RM13 for normal movie tickets, plus some additional snacks and drinks that I bring in. It's NOT cheap. How is it that there are these people who think they have the right to do whatever that make THEM comfortable at the expense of others, when we pay the SAME amount of money?


Just the other when I watched "Sucker Punch", now everyone who has watched this movie, or read or hear the synopsis or story from their friend, should know that this movie is action-packed. Just action-packed with some emotional stories with a few really hot chicks. But what these bunch of teenagers, especially the girl seated next to me was beyond it!

Imagine this: She was quite LITERALLY jumping on the seat, and after a few minutes had both of her legs on the seats - and has quite an amount of conversations with her friends in normal tone (it is FAR from a whisper, an almost LOUD) and on several occasions exclaimed "Oh my god! It's SO SCARY!" followed by "Oh no, what will happened next!!", while pointing at the screen almost throughout the whole movie (I am rolling my eyes as I recalled the scene).

The more I think about it, I think she desperately wanted to create some form of attention towards her from either the guys in her group, or another bunch of guys who were seated a few rows ahead of us. Either way, it is annoying. Though it is undeniable that guys ACTUALLY find these girls "cute" or "attractive", I think these guys have some or many wrong wired wires in their brain.

Still, I'm not the unreasonable type. I had some friends telling me this, "Hey, don't complain bout people! You yourself ain't exactly civilized back then either" which I want to rebuke or totally, DISAGREE. I can understand whispers, or occasionally talking during certain scenes, and even SUPER LOUD laughter (I'm guilty of this) and screaming (especially during horror films) but, seriously, do you think chair-kicking, seats jumping, loud conversations, TMI (unless you are hidden at certain corners, I don't really care) and such, acceptable?

All I can say is, we need to have a class in school (primary or secondary) that teaches "Etiquette" as soon as possible. 'Cause one thing for sure, the younger generations are definitely lacking, or TOTALLY doesn't have any these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment