Sunday, November 10, 2013

Return of the Boom-Boom-Pow!

Actually, with that translated - It actually meant return of the crazy ass - ME!

Not much of a return. Early morning I know for sure what I wanted to talk about. As the day wears on and with me running around the house and doing works online, I suddenly "forgets".

Is it sign of old age? I hope not. I wish not. Hopefully it's just a matter of having "prawn brain". *cries*

It is now year-end, and like many, worries and issues are popping up more than those that you can actually do something about such as
- Crimes on the rise
- New GST introduced
- Petrol hike
- Electric hike
- Sugar hike
- Everyday food and product usage PRICE hike

I was told never to worry on things we can't do anything about. Well, okay. So I'll worry on money management? I've went for some interviews (it's there's a good offer, I'm the type to find out more) only to reject and get rejected on a few. Mostly want me to "slave" on it. It seems that companies these days always put such clause - "May need to work on Saturday or Sunday, or stay after work-hours" which I find ridiculous. You will hear managers telling you "Never bring your personal problems to work" but it seems okay to bring work home though.

Which is why I still prefer working for myself (it can be pretty stressful) but I am able to place myself on time-off when necessary. At the end of the day, it is a matter of priorities. I choose LIFE over money. I just need enough, not too much. I've seen some friends having the time of their lives travelling only to be in depression when back to work. You get what you give. In my case, I get to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment